Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today and Tonight (A)

Now that I'm old (37) I went to the Doctor today. They took blood, pee, measurements, etc. and will do the rest later. Basically I'm expecting them to come back and tell me I need to lose weight and take pills (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.). The only upside I can see is that in an obese country the numbers should be on my side keeping the cost of the drugs down. Who knows... maybe I'll be able to get out of it by going back to the gym (no breath holding)...



Pretty clear night - really wet outside, but with rubber boots all things are possible. Looked at the Beehive Cluster again (with binoculars) and looked at Mars through the dob. It's looking clearer tonight, so that was better. Still a pale orb, but this time it was even clearer and I could swear that I saw a little bit of detail on it... since it was wet I put down a piece of plexi-glass we've had for a while. It has a side effect of making the scope jiggle around, but I have no desire to get my base wet and without a night concrete area that's what I have available. I need to find a place nearby with level concrete and no lights.



Anyway - ended up peeking through trees and getting little to no love that way. I'm giving it a couple of hours and will go out and try to see what Saturn looks like more to the zenith. As clear as Mars was I imagine Saturn will be even better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment