Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sword of Orion

Last night was my first time using the new scope with the camera (and didn't have the EP protector between the camera and EP adapter).  I'm still working on the other pics, but I had to post this one.  The Sword of Orion contains Orion's Nebula.  This is basically the same as the pic on the last post only much closer and a stacked version of 6 shots.  I did 20 second exposures at 1600 (using the scope as a lens, so no f stop).  I was in the front yard with tons of lights all around me, so I was pretty blown away to get this good of a shot.

Sword of Orion

Betelgeuse (bright star on the left shoulder of Orion)

Moon (about 3 exposures stacked for detail)

Flame Nebula next to Alnitak (the left most star in Orion's Belt)
top is mine and bottom is an example


2 comments:

  1. Thanks man - take a look at the other ones (bottom link) to see what else I snagged.

    ReplyDelete