Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Telescope


So... everyone who reads anything here knows that I had a new telescope coming and yesterday it arrived! Huge 40lb box, un-boxing and first assembly took about 30 min, but I'd already watched a video a few days ago. I didn't get the guidance system to work yet, but I did successfully get the star finder (laser sight) sighted in so if you put the red dot on a star it's centered in the eyepiece. That little tidbit the instructions forgot to mention. :)



All I successfully saw was a few stars in Orion (Betelgeuse, etc), but at least I was able to point and see what I was aiming at (after working on it an hour). I only have one eyepiece (25x I believe) and it's pretty danged close so you go from naked eye to in your face. I probably need something a little more in between too but that'll come later. I'm very excited and had fun even though it was late and I was only semi-successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment