Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cassiopeia and Friends


Tonight being the Saturday night of Labor Day was the best night I've ever had in Longview. Perfect skies. Not necessarily dark enough, but very clear. It makes sense that now that I have a dark site to visit (1.5 hours away) my backyard wound finally give me some decent nights :)



M52 in Cass - just about perfect in 15mm w/ the XT10 - nicely framed w/ a little border of black around it.



Eta_Cassiopeiae - Double in Cass that most closely resembles our sun.



Jupiter in both 70mm refractor and 254mm reflector was bright and beautiful. I have to say through the refractor it's slightly nicer... just clearer, but not necessarily brighter. Makes me want a big refractor :)



Uranus - near Jupiter tonight, up and to the right. The only reason I could tell it was a planet was at higher magnification it became a circle instead of staying a pinprick (like stars do).



Andromeda Galaxy / M31 - Finally a faint fuzzy that I originally saw with my 5" Celestron. Bright in 15mm, but always blurry. Makes me want an imaging setup :) there's always Christmas



Double Cluster - perfect through 32mm - nice and bright with distinct stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment