Sunday, September 5, 2010

Neptune


I just spent an 1.5 hours looking for one target. Neptune is so small in my telescope that I had to spend about 15 minutes looking at it to make sure it was a planet. It was a circle, but not a very big one. It definitely had a blue tint to it (similar to this picture someone made w/ a 10" SCT and stacking multiple images. I wish I'd taken it, but this gives you a pretty decent idea of what I saw.



Right now it's located between Aquarius and Capricorn, but it's not a straight shot from anywhere in particular, so I had to really stretch my star-hopping abilities to get to it. Anyway... I'm beat down and proud to say I've seen every planet (now that Pluto has been demoted). I'm proud and think I've justified my hobby to some degree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment